FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tory MP Harvey Proctor - child sex abuse allegations denied

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The War On Children, Marriage and the Family
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:27 pm    Post subject: Tory MP Harvey Proctor - child sex abuse allegations denied Reply with quote

'The Tory MP, rent boys and a sex dungeon in west Hull' – Memories of Harvey Proctor

By Hull Daily Mail | Posted: March 13, 2015
http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Tory-MP-rent-boys-sex-dungeon-west-Hull -8211/story-26163157-detail/story.html

A new police investigation has cast up memories for Angus Young of a visit to Hull by controversial former MP Harvey Proctor, and an intriguing court case in Beverley.

The sight of former Tory MP Harvey Proctor on the television news last week denying being part of a Westminster rent boy ring took me back a few years.

He delivered his statement after police from Operation Midland, who are investigating claims of historical child abuse, searched his home on the Belvoir Castle estate in Leicestershire.

I first encountered him in 1987, when he visited the University of Hull to speak to Conservative students.

RELATED CONTENT
Hull budget debate: 'Given the appalling cuts, we've done well to maintain services'
How Hull almost had country's first woman MP. But Lady Edith Sykes declined, to look after her family
'Some stark lessons for councils to learn in wake of secretive Rotherham child abuse scandal'
At the time, the Scarborough-born politician's extreme views on immigration and repatriation were triggering protests whenever he appeared at speaking engagements across the country.

And Hull was no different, as students swarmed around his chauffeur-driven car when it arrived at the campus. Proctor was jostled after getting out, but his driver panicked and reversed the car into the crowd, injuring several protesters.

The incident caused a big stir at the time, prompting a review of security arrangements at the campus but I can't recall any charges ever being brought.

A few months later, Proctor's name cropped up again during a trial I was covering at Beverley Crown Court.

The defendant in the case was a chap called Terry Dwyer, who was in the dock for allowing cannabis to be smoked in a dodgy club he ran in Coltman Street, west Hull, until a police raid shut the place down.

The Lord Fox was an illegal drinking den, complete with massage facilities and a sling room where punters could be strung up from a metal frame chained to a wall.

Outside the court, Dwyer was a chatterbox.

He not only agreed to give me a guided tour of the club where he offered to sell me a giant wooden sauna housed in a first-floor room, but he also happily boasted about his time in London supplying rent boys to Harvey Proctor.

Two months earlier, the MP had pleaded guilty to four acts of gross indecency with two rent boys, who were aged 17 and 20 at the time.

He was fined £1,450 and subsequently resigned as the MP for Billericay.

I always wondered what happened to Dwyer, who was jailed for 12 months after being found guilty on the cannabis charge.

He was from London and his sudden arrival in Hull was always a bit of a mystery.

Perhaps Operation Midland will eventually provide a few answers.

www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.l911t.com
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Members' Interests: Top Tories lose on Proctor's shop: The Retailer
By PETER VICTOR Sunday 30 October 19940 comments
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/members-interests-top-t ories-lose-on-proctors-shop-the-retailer-1445666.html

SENIOR Tory politicians including Michael Heseltine, President of the Board of Trade, and Lord Archer have invested more than pounds 100,000 in a loss-making shirt shop owned by the disgraced former Tory MP, Harvey Proctor, perusal of the register of members' interests reveals to the curious inquirer.

The register discloses the fascinating fact that no fewer than 11 current MPs have shareholdings in a little-known clothes retailer, Cottonrose Ltd.

This turns out to be the company behind a quaint shirt shop nestling in a Georgian alley in Richmond upon Thames, one of London's most elegant suburbs.

Its name is Proctor's, and inside, among the bright cotton shirts, silk ties and gaudy waistcoats, is one of the more colourful figures of the Tory party's recent past, Harvey Proctor, who was forced to resign as MP for Billericay in 1987 after being fined pounds 1,450 for acts of gross indecency; he was involved in homosexual spanking sessions with young male prostitutes.

Mr Proctor turned from politics to hosiery and opened his shop in Brewers Lane, off Richmond Green, in 1988 with a pounds 2,000 grant from the Government's Enterprise Allowance Scheme, and a little help from his friends: a start-up fund of pounds 75,000 was organised by Tristan Garel-Jones MP, the former Tory deputy chief whip and one of the party's best-known fixers.

Lots of former chums chipped in. Besides multimillionaires such as Lord Archer and Mr Heseltine, they included the present Paymaster-General, David Heathcote-Amory; Mark Lennox-Boyd, a former junior Foreign Office minister; and MPs Sir Nicholas Bonsor (Upminster), Richard Shepherd (Aldridge-Brownhills) and David Evans (Welwyn Hatfield).

Several MPs who, like Mr Proctor, have suffered public reverses to their political careers also coughed up at least pounds 5,000 each. They included Neil Hamilton, forced to resign as Northern Ireland minister last week after allegations that he was rewarded by Mohamed Al Fayed, owner of Harrods, for helping in his battle with Tiny Rowland; Tim Yeo, the former Environment minister who was forced to resign after news broke of his adultery with Julia Stent, a Hackney Labour councillor, who bore his child; Michael Brown, who resigned as a Tory whip last May after a tabloid newspaper reported his homosexual affairs with a youth and a Ministry of Defence civil servant; and David Ashby, who suffered unwelcome publicity after admitting sleeping with a man but denying having sexual relations with him.

Then there were former MPs who, like Mr Proctor, have lost their seats: they include Sir Neil Thorne, William Benyon and Sir Charles Morrisson. All invested in Cottonrose. All have not done well. For business has not gone smoothly with the company: in the four years to March 1992 it made losses totalling pounds 109,421. Last year Mr Proctor failed to submit accounts for 1993, in breach of the Companies Act.

Asked about it yesterday, amid the gold cufflinks and Tino Cosma accessories, the silks and the satins, Mr Proctor's response was more of the sackcloth variety. 'I don't talk to lying newspapers,' he said. 'That is my quote. If you don't leave my shop I shall call the police.'

Mr Proctor, who invested pounds 20,000 of his own money, opened in a fanfare of publicity. He opened a second shop in Knightsbridge and, for a while, appeared to have a success on his hands. He was elected to the local chamber of commerce. John Major ditched his Marks & Spencer shirts in favour of Mr Proctor's more elegant wares.

But from the outset the project was a flop. In its first financial year to March 1989 it lost pounds 5,311. Further cash injections were put into the firm by the Tory MPs and other investors in 1990 and 1991. A share issue in 1990 produced an extra pounds 14,000.

In 1991 the investors ploughed in another pounds 10,000. MP Neil Hamilton's wife, Christine, bought pounds 500-worth of shares. The extra cash injections were to no avail. Losses in 1990, the second trading year, totalled pounds 26,547; in 1991 they climbed to pounds 46,066; and accounts for 1992 showed a loss of pounds 31,497. The position since is not known: Mr Proctor has yet to file accounts for 1993. Under Section 240 of the Companies Act he is obliged to file them within 10 months of the end of the financial year. They should have been lodged at Companies House by last January.

Last night MPs had resigned themselves to losing their investment. Sir Nicholas Bonsor said he feared he would not see his pounds 5,000 again. 'It was suggested we ought to rally round because he was clearly in great difficulty. We did make an effort at one stage; I had a meeting with other MPs and Harvey Proctor and, I think it was, his brother who was working in it with him. But then it looked as if it wasn't going to work so I think from that stage we wrote the investment off.'

Mr Heathcote-Amory said: 'Well, if I got the money back I'd be pleased - I'd rather written it off actually. It (the investment) was a gesture to help him (Mr Proctor). I felt a bit sorry for him. I haven't seen any accounts for a bit. That is not a complaint, but I'd rather lost interest in the thing. I think I'm braced to lose my equity.'

At least five of the Tory investors are MPs who have also suffered heavy losses on Lloyd's insurance syndicates.

Mr Heseltine's personal assistant declined to comment on the losses and Mr Proctor's failure to lodge accounts, saying only: 'The President of the Board of Trade would expect this company to be dealt with in the same way as any other. Mr Heseltine is not available at the moment.'

www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.l911t.com
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 'radio presenter of the year' working closely with Harvey Proctor

THE CURIOUS CASE OF HARVEY PROCTOR - WHY DO THE POLICE AGREE WITH "NICK"?
30 Aug 2015 at 21:49

I am very troubled by the treatment of former Tory MP Harvey Proctor at the hands of the Metropolitan Police’s Operation Midland inquiry. In some ways it mirrors that of Paul Gambaccini’s terrible year at the mercy of Operation Yewtree. I’m publishing his story in September and parts of it make your hair stand on end. I got wind that Harvey Proctor was holding a press conference on Tuesday and secured an exclusive radio interview with him. I knew it would be a difficult balance to strike. Although I had sympathy for his position I had to do a rigorous interview and ask some difficult questions. Judge for yourself if that was what actually happened in the blogpost below this one.

Proctor’s contention is that his accuser, “Nick”, is an obvious fantasist, and when he outlined some of the things he was accused of, it was difficult to draw any other conclusion. The most lurid was that Proctor was about to cut off a boy’s testicles with a penknife, when Edward Heath intervened to stop him. Somehow “Nick” was given that penknife and has now given it to the police. On the face of it, totally preposterous. Given that Proctor and Heath were sworn enemies is it even likely they would be in the same room together? I doubt it.

However, my colleagues at LBC have had dealings with “Nick”, and like the police, they regard him as credible. In some ways I don’t know what to think, but with all this publicity and the fact that “Nick” alleges there were many other boys involved, it’s odd, isn’t it, that no more have come forward? I believe there was abuse by politicians of young children in the 1970s and 1980s. I also believe that the police have a duty to investigate credible claims, especially when some of those accused are still alive. What they don’t have a right to do, though, is to act in the way they have in the Proctor case. Or the Cliff Richard case. Or the Gambaccini case. Or the Heath case.

Harvey Proctor was understandably very angry at the way he has been treated and angry in the way that his name has emerged in public. In some ways he is an easy target for any potential accuser, as a quick search of Google will uncover the fact that he pleaded guilty to four charges of gross indecency in 1987. He had sex with a 19 year old when the age of consent was 21, something which of course would not be a crime nowadays. He believed the individual to be over 21. Had it been a woman, that would be a credible defence but there was a so-called lacuna in the law and because it involved two men, that was no defence. As soon as he found that out, he pleaded guilty. He’s spent the last 28 years in private life but now it’s all over the media again.

If any living politician has committed any of these terrible crimes I hope they are brought to justice. If it turns out other politicians, including Margaret Thatcher, knew about any of this and deliberately covered it up, that needs to be exposed too. It would be very uncomfortable for many people to learn that some of their political heroes were effectively complicit in covering up these heinous crimes, but the truth must out.

But the police also need to answer for the way they are conducting some of these inquiries and enabling the public to adopt the belief that where there is smoke there must be fire. As a society we have reached a stage where whenever any famous person is mentioned in connection to child abuse, there appears to be an automatic assumption that they must therefore be guilty of something. This is a very dangerous development and it is why some people believe that the police are complicit in a media driven witch hunt against people who are often totally innocent. Their defence is that they need to shake the tree to see what fruit drops down. In some cases that may be a legitimate way of encouraging victims to come forward, but to me that should only ever happen when the police have proved to a judge there is a need to take that course of action. Otherwise, names should only come into the public sphere when they are charged.

Harvey Proctor hasn’t been arrested, let alone charged, yet his life has been ruined because the police gave his name to “Nick” who in turn passed it to the media. Proctor has been questioned about his alleged part in three murders, yet no charge has been forthcoming. Where this murky story goes next is anyone’s guess.

http://www.iaindale.com/posts/2015/08/30/the-curious-case-of-harvey-pr octor-why-do-the-police-agree-with-nick

Quote:
Ex-MP Harvey Proctor refuses to give evidence to Operation Midland review
Former MP Harvey Proctor has refused to give evidence to a review of Scotland Yard's handling of historical sex abuse probes, which he claims will be "a whitewash".

Former Conservative MP Harvey Proctor represented Basildon from 1979 to 1983 and Billericay from 1983 to 1987
Press Association
Last updated: 09 May 2016, 13:43 BST Print this story
Former MP Harvey Proctor has refused to give evidence to a review of Scotland Yard's handling of historical sex abuse probes, which he claims will be "a whitewash".
http://home.bt.com/news/uk-news/ex-mp-harvey-proctor-refuses-to-give-e vidence-to-operation-midland-review-11364059925272

The 69-year-old declined an invitation to meet the former High Court judge leading the inquiry on May 12, because he alleges that the investigation will not be independent.

In a letter to Louise Oakley, a lawyer assisting Sir Richard Henriques with the probe, Mr Proctor said: "You are participating in a secret inquiry which is a cover-up and destined to become a 'brilliant' whitewash."

The ex-Tory politician, who represented Basildon from 1979 to 1983 and Billericay from 1983 to 1987, saw his home raided and was twice interviewed under caution as part of a doomed Scotland Yard investigation into claims of a Westminster paedophile ring.

He furiously denied any involvement and was finally told in March that he would face no further action.

The £1.8 million, 16-month Operation Midland, which looked at claims that boys were sexually abused by a number of public figures more than 30 years ago, ended earlier this year without a single arrest.

Mr Proctor has refused to meet Sir Richard, partly because the retired judge wrote a separate, damning report for the Crown Prosecution Service on missed chances to prosecute the late Lord Janner, who was also investigated as part of Operation Midland.

According to The Sunday Times, Lord Janner's family are also refusing to co-operate with the Henriques review.

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe announced in February that he had called in Sir Richard to examine a number of investigations involving non-recent abuse claims against public figures.

It came amid fierce criticism of Operation Midland, which saw raids on the homes of 92-year-old D-Day veteran Lord Bramall and the late Lord Brittan.

Scotland Yard will only publish parts of Sir Richard's final report, but a full copy will be given to the Goddard Inquiry into child sexual abuse.

Mr Proctor said he will also decline to give evidence to the public inquiry, and is willing to face prison or a fine if he is compelled to do so.

He said: "She (Dame Lowell Goddard) will have to fine or imprison me because there is no way I'm appearing before her. Her inquiry is biased and it's pro-victim and survivors. The assumption is that it was all credible and true."

In April Justice Goddard made a statement defending the inquiry, saying: "All of our investigations will be approached with diligence and with objectivity. In every single instance, I will ensure the inquiry examines all of the issues fairly and impartially.

"I am committed to ensuring that we hear all relevant testimony, including from victims and survivors as well as from those affected by false allegations of abuse."

www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.l911t.com
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After Dark
HARVEY PROCTOR, ex MP, talks about his RENT BOYS and his TORTURE CHAMBER. 1988. Elm Guest House.

Link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8H0W9LVlkw

www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.l911t.com
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The War On Children, Marriage and the Family All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: